- 1lb flat iron steak
- 1⁄2cup zesty Italian dressing, divided
- 1⁄3cup sour cream
- 4 1⁄2teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4teaspoon course black pepper
- 1⁄4teaspoon sea salt
- 2garlic cloves, chopped
- 1large onion, thinly sliced
- Pour 1/4 cup dressing over steak and seal in a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- Combine sour cream, 2 tbsp of the remaining dressing, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp dressing and garlic in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove onions; set aside.
- Drain steak; discard marinade. Cook steak in same skillet on medium heat 3-4 on each side for medium doneness. Place on cutting board; slice crosswise into thin strips. Serve steak topped with sauce and onions.