Your inner child will rejoice at the first bite of these classic sandwich-inspired pancakes.
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
2 large eggs
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. whole milk
1/2 c. Strawberry jam
2 tbsp. water
PREP TIME: 0:20
TOTAL TIME: 0:20
- In a large measuring cup or bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and peanut butter until combined, then whisk in the milk. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until fully incorporated (a few small lumps are fine). Stir the sliced banana into the batter.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Check the heat by sprinkling the skillet with water — when the water bubbles and evaporates immediately, pour 3 scant 1/4 cups of batter into the skillet.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin to appear around the edges and in the center, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spatula, peek under the pancakes to check if they are golden brown, then carefully flip them.
- Cook the pancakes 1 minute more, peeking to make sure the underside is golden brown. Transfer them to a baking sheet and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter (if your pancakes stick, wipe the skillet with 1 teaspoon canola oil before cooking the next batch).
- In a small skillet, whisk together the jam and 2 tablespoons water. Warm over medium heat (add an extra teaspoon water if the jam is too thick). Serve over the pancakes with additional sliced bananas, if desired.