- 1garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 4tablespoons butter, softened
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
- 1 -2tablespoon olive oil
- Combine butter, garlic, salt, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- Cut a 2-inch long pocket horizontally in chicken breasts, cutting deeply but not all the way through.
- Put a tablespoon of the butter mixture into each pocket, being sure to get it all the way down in there.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil.
- Cook chicken, skin side down, uncovered,until well-browned, about 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cover skillet, then cook until chicken is cooked through, another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover, spread the remaining garlic-oregano butter on the chicken and turn chicken once more skin-side down.
- Cover and brown for another 5 to 10 minutes.