As if this intensely chocolatey cake wasn’t heavenly enough, it also happens to be gluten-free (and perfect for Passover).
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure almond extract
- 1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch springform pan with parchment and lightly grease.
- In medium saucepan on medium-low, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until combined.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly, 5 minutes. Add sugar and mix to combine. Whisk in eggs 1 at a time until fully incorporated, then stir in almond extract and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until just set in center, 25 to 28 minutes. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Dust with cocoa and serve with whipped cream if desired.